Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Remind 101

I found out about a great application for teachers to use to communicate with parents. I am really excited to use it in my class this year. It's called Remind101. Teachers send out a letter to parents telling them how to sign up to receive text message reminders and updates throughout the year. The best part is that you don't have to give out your phone number, and parents can't text replies. They can also opt out at any time. Then at the end of the year you can simply delete the class and remove them. It is completely free and I think it will be a great communication tool.


I found a great letter on pinterest to use to send home at the beginning of the year. This could also be something to give out/tell parents about at open house.
 
You can download the original letter HERE.

I modified the letter a little bit, also letting parents know that they will not be able to text me back. This is what my version looks like.


I will not be posting my version of the letter on teacherspayteachers since it is not my original idea. But feel free to use my version as well when addressing your parents.
Happy texting!

No comments:

Post a Comment